Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas/Holiday Card #23 - Joy to the World

Hello my silent friends!  Nobody ever talks to me.  I was going through my stamp sets and noticed that I haven't used this stamp set this year.  We can't let that happen now, can we?

This technique is called emboss resist, the first technique I ever learned when I really got into card making over ten years ago.  Basically, you stamp your image with Versamark on a glossy card stock, heat embossed with clear embossing powder and then sponged whatever water based ink you want all over the embossed image.  Wipe excess ink with a paper towel.  The embossed image "resist" the background color you sponged and stays white just like your card stock.

I made a small variation in that I used white and green embossing powders instead of clear.  I started with a glossy card stock, heat embossed Joy in white embossing power.  Then I heat embossed the star with gumball green powder.  I masked the area below Joy and sponged gumball green ink above the masked line.  Then moved the mask above the green area and sponged cherry cobbler all the way to the bottom of the card stock.  I added a ribbon, three punched stars and some blings.  I mounted the panel onto a white card stock with dimensionals.


As you can see, the embossed images resisted the background color I sponged.   I really like how this turned out, hope you do too.


That's it for now, until next time............... Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment