Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas/Holiday Card #22 - Poinsettia

Hi there!  Thanks for stopping by today.  My card today also used an image from Stampin'Up's Bells and Bough stamp set.  I love this set.

I wanted to try the water coloring technique with this image.  I stamped the image with black StazOn solvent ink.  Then I started water coloring the poinsettia but my only aqua painter was not cooperating.  I couldn't control the "wetness" and I ended up with colors running all over the place and the bristles kept spreading out even after I trimmed them.  Scrap that first try.

I started over using a blender pen to apply the color.  I think I actually did pretty good with the coloring, I stayed inside the lines, he he he.  The colors here are real red and gumball green.  I found this red card in my stash already dry embossed with poinsettia.  I added tiny pearls to the center of the poinsettia.  I stamped the sentiment and punched with Decorative Label punch.  Tied the lacy ribbon and I'm done.


The biggest disappointment here is the picture.  The poinsettia's are not coming out red no matter what angle I take.  In reality they're red and matched the card perfectly.

Until next time............. Cheers!!!


All supplies used were from Stampin'Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment