Friday, November 16, 2012

Christmas/Holiday Card #17 - White Christmas

It's a cold and rainy day today here in Berkeley, California.  The weather inspired my card today.  I'm a summer, heat wave kinda person but I wouldn't mind a white Christmas.  I would never live in snow country but a Christmas vacation in the snow appeals to me.

I used white embossing powder for the "snow" effect.  After I masked the bottom of the main panel to create the snow bank, I rubbed the Versamark ink pad directly on the card stock and covered the area with embossing powder.  After the snow bank was heat set, I stamped the tree with Versamark, covered it with embossing powder, then heat set.  I added dazzling diamond on the tree and the snow bank to make the snow glisten.

I don't know what made me reach for that sentiment.  After the card was finished I realized it's not the right sentiment.  Later I'll cover it with a more appropriate one.




Hope you like this one.  It's fairly quick and easy to put together.

Thanks for stopping by.  See you soon............. Cheers!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment