Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Christmas/Holiday Card #14 - Glittery Ornaments

Today I'm sharing more cards featuring ornaments.  I was going through my paper stash looking for inspirations when I found these two patterned papers with ornaments that I thought would look great as background for my die cut ornaments.  The ornament die cuts I have ready where die cut from silver glimmer paper and I wanted colorful ornaments to match the background papers.

A while back I've seen a tutorial where they color silver glimmer paper with dye inks using aqua painter.  Perfect time to try that technique and see what kind of color I end up with.  I already decided that my first card will be turquoise, so I went with turquoise ink.  The end result was not a bright as I hoped for, at least now the ornaments are not silver.  The cards as a whole are bright and festive.  What do you think?




The second set of cards are green.  I colored the silver glimmer paper with Gumball Green, a bright shade of green but the end result was very light green.  




Without the coloring part, these are five-minute cards.  I kept the same layout and got them done very quickly.  And when I do quick cards like these it makes sense, for me, to do two since I already have another base card when I cut the first one.  An 8.5" x 11" card stock will yield two standard size cards.

I really like how they turned out even though the ornament colors were on the light side.  And if I have to pick a favorite I'd say the turquoise!

I hope you got some inspirations from today's post, the patterned papers did it for me.

Thanks for stopping by.   Until the next post............... Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment